Choose the Best Board Game for 8 Year Olds
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Board Games for 8 Year Olds
3 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
8 years is an interesting age when a child can already learn new things but still loves to play active games. Being a parent myself, I made sure to prohibit my kids to play only videogames or VR titles because sometimes only board games can deliver a certain kind of experience. Don’t get me wrong – it is nothing wrong about digital games of any kind. Only board games can deliver the joy of playing with family and friends in the real world with actual physical objects.
How can kids benefit from playing board games?
When playing any board games, you get an opportunity to touch the game chips, peek out into the cards of others with the corner of our eyes, finally blow on the dice to stagger and laugh together with friends when the Jenga tower falls apart, rolling out the pieces all over the room. All board games have a certain rating by age – you can find the titles for 8-year-olds and they will surely like them.
Board games for children must necessarily correspond to the age recommendations and interests of your children. At the age of 8 years, children need to build and develop erudition, dexterity, visual memory and thinking. Certain board games can deliver fun and education at the same time!
My tips for choosing the board games for kids are based on such criteria:
- Age recommendations for the game must be for 8-year-olds or older kids;
- The title must include activities to make the kid entertained;
- The game should educate at some point;
Top 5 best board games for 8-year-olds
Due to such recommendations and according to the favorite games picked by my kids, I’ve chosen such games for 8-year-olds:
- Watch Ya Mouth Original is good for kids aged over 3 years, though, I think it is better for older kids. 2-10 participants can play the game. The title has 143 family-safe phrases to entertain and educate;
- Latice Hawaii is a bright and funny game for 2-4 players, aged from 6 years old. Each gaming session is 2-40 minutes, so your kid won’t get bored or tired;
- Pixy Cubes is good to play solo or with 3 more friends, it perfectly develops memory;
- iTrax Thinking Game is promoted as the game of tactical tracking, for 2-4 players aged over 6 years;
- Kluster is actually fun for any age, it is awesome for long car travels or camping;
Video Tutorial: Pixy Cubes Gameplay
In addition to my choice of the best board games for 8-year-olds, I’ve attached the video tutorial about playing Pixy Cubes. Though, all of the above-mentioned titles include detailed instructions. I would also like to hear about your choice of board games for family nights. What games do you choose for kids of this age and why? Thanks for leaving your feedback and reading my reviews on Jenga-Game.com!