Choose the Best Board Game for 11 Year Olds
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Board Games for 11 Year Olds
116 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
A board game is an action game with physical objects on the table or the hands of involved players. Such a game often simulates different processes and situations (including historical events). 11-year-old players are not little kids anymore but they are still interested in active board titles.
Benefits of playing board games for 11-year-olds:
- They do not require physical training or regular money investments;
- They stimulate attentive skills, imagination, and memory of 11-year-olds, teach them to make decisions and expand their horizons;
- Safe for vision and nervous system, which distinguishes them from PC games (especially relevant for children);
- Provide fun activities and develop communication skills between 11-year-old players;
- Games are very diverse in the story – everyone can pick up the title to his or her liking;
A board game usually includes a playing board, dice, cards, chips, tokens, figures, rules and some other items. When you pick the games for 11-year-old players, focus on the titles that require intellectual effort. Such games develop logical thinking, memory, erudition and improve concentration.
Different types of board game titles for 11-year-old players:
- Puzzle – requires players to be smart and use a logical approach;
- Quiz – unlike a puzzle game, offers players to demonstrate erudition and knowledge;
- War games reconstruct historical or invented battles. The games let the players feel like a skilled commander;
- Strategic games differ from the war-based titles a wider range of tasks facing the wise ruler. The goal of a strategic game is to build a strong city/state/civilization by military, economic and political approaches;
Parents should pay attention to the board titles based on famous PC games (World of Warcraft, Minecraft, Fortnite) or movies (Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars). They will be interesting to 11-year-old fans of the relevant games or movies.
Top 5 best board games for 11-year-old players:
- Watch Ya is good for 2-10 players, with over 140 family safe phrases;
- Sequence is a game of strategy for 2-12 players from the age of 7 and higher;
- 5 Second Rule includes over 550 questions, for 3 or more players from the age of 10 years;
- Spontuneous offers 30-minute sessions of playing time for a team of 4-10 players (age 8+);
- Simon is a hilarious pick for solo or team playing. You may check the video with the tutorial to this title;
New reviews are posted on the schedule. You may subscribe to the website Jenga-Game.com to get notifications about new posts.
Video Tutorial: Simon