So do you need to find an interesting and entertaining board game for 6-year-olds? Board games should help develop observation, systematic and logical thinking. It is extremely important for the kids who‘ve recently become elementary school students. Psychologists and teachers agree that children learn the world best by playing. That is why there are a large number of games for children of different age groups.
Why do you need to buy the best board games for the kids over 6 years old?
Children of this age actively explore the world around them, which is no longer limited to the family and the closest ones. During this period, children get to know their own interests and they are interested in everything around them. 6-year-old kids are actively learning, remembering new things much faster and learning theoretical thinking.
Board games are a more interesting type of entertainment for kids compared to the usual toys and virtual games. When playing board games, children have to interact with other participants. Children at this age are equally interesting to play board games with other children, and with adult family members – parents, older siblings, grandparents.
Jenga-Game picked 5 best board games for 6-year-olds:
- Zingo is awesome for 2-6 players, the game helps to develop critical and social skills;
- Blurt! Contains educational insights, it is perfect for family gaming nights and 3-12 players;
- Pop is good for the team where the players are aged over 6 years. It includes 90 math-fact cards and 2 levels of play;
- Pancake Pile-Up! Game is extremely easy to play, for 2-12 team members. It helps to develop gross motor skills;
- 3 Letter Words game is good for the players aged over 4 years old. It is ideal for preschool children;
Pros of the best board games for 6-year-olds:
In addition to the fact that board games help children develop social skills, they bring many benefits to other areas of child development. First of all, there are a lot of educational board games that help little kids to master such useful skills:
- Spelling and writing skills;
- Basics of English;
- Fast reading;
- Math basics – multiplication and division;
In short, such games are a great help in preparing your child for school. But, besides, board games are also useful for other reasons:
- A child learns to lose. Do not be capricious, do not throw what did not work the first time, to rejoice for the other participants in the game who were able to win;
- These titles can teach you how to plan your actions. They are great for the development of strategic thinking, the ability to think through their steps and draw conclusions in case of a wrong strategy;
- These products help to develop the ability to focus on one thing, which is exactly what to bring up in a child during this period of life;
Did you like my review on Jenga-Game.Com? If you have something to add to this review, offer some titles for 6-year-old kids, please share in the comments. Feel free to ask any questions.
Video Tutorial: Blurt Board Game